We can only have our blog archives as a widget in sidebar. This is by default. If you have been in blogging for quite a long time and your blog contains quite a good number of posts, this facility goes beyond track of what we wanted. Our sidebars get stretched unnecessarily.
Therefore, it would be quite nice and professional if we can make archives as one of our pages. Readers can click on that tab to get all the titles of all the posts till date on one page. This not only gives professional looks for our blogs but also shortens the length of our sidebar.
It’s very easy to have this in your blog. There aren’t anything much to be done. Just follow the following steps:
- Login to your blog
- Click on Pages
- Click on New Page
- Give the title i.e may be Archives
- Click on HTML
- Delete all those codes present there
- Copy this given code and paste it
<script src=”YOUR BLOG URL/feeds/posts/default?max-results=500&alt=json-in-script&callback=LoadTheArchive”>
- In above, you can find YOUR BLOG URL, replace it with your blog’s URL
- Once replaced, click on Publish
- New page with title (Archives) will appear in your blog
If you want to display all the posts till date to your readers, this serves better option. It also displays post dates, time and years for every post including post titles. Hope you got it right. Cheers!