We have learned the ridiculously 2 easy methods to follow your favourite blogs and how to remain in their loops constantly receiving their updates.
If I were to reiterate that point, the two easy methods to follow your favourite blog are:
- Via Blog’s Followers Gagdet
- Via adding to Reading List
I have also explained in what circumstances either can be used. But now, let us assume we have followed a blog thinking that blog has contents that will be required in our blogging journey. Or it can said that its niche is similar to the niche where we are into.
And say after few months, that blog doesn’t come up with good posts. Instead say it brings unrelated or abusive contents. In such case there won’t be any choice for us then to un-follow his blog and move away from his circle.
When it comes to un-following a blog, just like in following it, there are two methods to do it. They are when:
- When there is a followers’ gadget
- When there isn’t a followers’ gadget
This means you can un-follow a blog by either of above two method. Now let me give step by step how to un-follow a blog using two methods:
Via Followers’ Gadget
To use this method, first the blog which you’re going to be un-followed should have follower’s gadget added in sidebar or footer frame of that blog. If the blog has it, then the procedures are as below:
- Click on Join this site
- Refresh the blog
- Click on options
- Click on Site Settings
- Click on Stop Following this site
- Click on stop following
You are said to have successfully un-followed that blog. You can reload that blog once more. Your Google+ profile image won’t be visible inside that blog’s followers’ gadget.
Via Reading List
If the blog which want to un-follow doesn’t have followers’ gadget either in sidebar or footer frame, you can use this method to un-follow that blog. The steps are given below:
- Scroll down your blogger dashboard
- Just at the right hand side, click on Gear Image (Manage Reading List)
- All blogs which you have followed will be displayed
- You can either change your following status to anonymous
- There will be one dustbin image to the right of every blog you followed
- Click on dustbin image of a blog you want to stop following
- Once you have clicked that, the title of the blog will disappear from the list.
That’s it. You have successfully un-followed a blog. Once you have un-followed a blog using either of the two methods, the impacts should be:
- Your Google+ profile image won’t be visible in that blog’s followers’ gadget
- You’ll not receive updates of that blog in your reading list
- Number of followers will be reduced in that blog
- But you can directly read by directly URL in the tab of browser
These are the two methods to un-follow any blog which you think doesn’t deserved to be followed. You can also use these methods to reduce the number of blogs you have followed when the number of blogs allowed to be followed by blogger has crossed the limit.