There are as many as ten free tools from Google that are especially designed for website builders and bloggers. One of them is Website Translator that will translate a site or blog just by selecting a language into which it needs to be translated. It supports 90+ languages.
If you’re targeting global audience, installation of this gadget in your blog should be like necessary. This will be of great utility in boosting your traffic from countries where English isn’t a maximum used language – countries like Japan, China, Thailand and Italy etc.
- How to add related post gadget in Blogger?
- How to hide related post from Blog’s front page?
- How to add image as Logo in your Blog?
It can be either installed as floating bar, slider and in page. There are also many customized version of it. But since customized version comes with load of unknown codes, I cannot say it would be safe for you to install them. Instead let us install it as gadget in sidebar. It should be more than enough for beginners like you and me. Please consider the following steps for this:
- Open Website Translator
- Click on Add to you Website
- Copy and paste URL of your blog
- Select your site’s original language
- Click Next
- Select Translation options (all languages or specific language)
- Select Display Mode
- Click on Get the Code
- Select the Code (Ctrl+A)
- Copy the code (Ctrl+C)
And let us add it in your blog’s sidebar/header/footer as a gadget.
- Login to your blog
- Select the blog (if you have many)
- Click on Layout
- Click on Add a Gadget
- Keep the title blank
- In content, paste the code of step#10
- Click on Save
You will be taken into your blog’s layout frame. In this you can easily locate which is your website translator gadget. You can also re-position it either in side-bar, header (like my blog) or in footer according to your preference.